Become a Member Organization
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Buffalo Immigrant Leadership Team.
Congregations and other organizations that join BILT benefit from membership in the following ways:
- Actively lead and participate in BILT campaigns addressing critical issues for the immigrant and refugee community in Buffalo and Erie County.
- Develop leadership skills and learn to use the tools of community organizing through training workshops. These will be conducted at the local, regional and national levels by Faith in Action, a national network of faith-based community organizations, of which BILT is an affiliate. They will be offered free or at a highly discounted rate to BILT members.
- Establish and build relationships with individuals, congregations, and institutions outside the member’s usual community setting.
- Work with other individuals and institutions to identify social justice issues, organize around common values, work together toward solutions and community transformation.
- Experience personal development and empowerment through training and experience working on BILT’s campaigns.
Member organizations of BILT are free to send representatives to membership meetings. The member representatives help keep the congregation or organization apprised of the work of BILT. They are also encouraged to network with other members of BILT to share the issues about which they are passionate. Through membership meetings, they can bring these issues to the BILT Board of Directors. There will be opportunities for interested members of affiliated organizations to join BILT’s issue committees and become active leaders in BILT.
A commitment to annual membership dues to join BILT must be made by the congregation or organization’s leadership. A suggested guideline for annual dues based on an organization’s size:
3000 + ………………………….$3000-$5000
If you cannot give at the level suggested, please choose a membership contribution that suits your budget. If your organization can give more, thank you.